We are seeking a creative and ambitious Account Manager experienced in delivering high profile communications campaigns which drive action in the sport sector.
This is a hands-on role working with our senior team to deliver growth and engagement for some of UK’s premier sports brands.
Run Communications is a purpose-driven, sports communications agency with a passion for delivering impactful campaigns that make a measurable difference.
We work with our client partners to deliver creative and memorable communications – inspiring audiences to take action and delivering results that really matter.
We’re passionate about the power of sport in enhancing physical health, mental health and community cohesion and working with people, brands and organisations who feel the same.
We like to do things differently to help our clients stand out. We’re proud to work with a diverse network of people, helping us to shape truly authentic and high-impact campaigns.
Some of the brands we work with include The National Lottery, UK Sport, British Gymnastics, MCC & Lord’s Cricket Ground, Badminton England, World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 and British Wheelchair Basketball.
Account Manager – The Role
The role of the Account Manager will be to develop and implement creative communications strategies for some of our key clients, leading campaigns which drive action and deliver measurable results.
Most campaigns will be consumer focused, typically aiming to increase participation in sport, develop brand engagement and drive footfall for major sports events.
The Account Manager will also work closely with Run’s Senior Management team to identify and secure new business opportunities.
Day to day will include:
- Strategic communications account lead – planning and delivery across some of our most prestigious client accounts
- Lead and develop client relationships
- Working with key clients to plan measurable campaigns which exceed client KPIs and result in action
- Working with major media brands to deliver creative PR activity for our clients
- Creation and delivery of ‘media events’ to generate positive client profile for broadcast, online and print media
- Delivering strong National and Regional broadcast, online & print media activity
- Athlete & ambassador media activity
- Working with our content managers to produce and distribute creative and original content for our client digital and social channels
- Producing high quality written content for multiple platforms
- Working with Run Directors to proactively identify and approach potential clients, and developing and presenting new business pitches
- Supporting clients’ in-house marketing teams
- Management of 3rd party design, film and photography agencies
- Project and Budget Management
- Team Leadership
- At least 4 years Consumer PR / Communications / Sports Industry experience
- Experience of producing and distributing high impact content which has resulted in a measurable outcome (e.g. drives event ticket sales / fan engagement / increases participation)
- Has a growing network of media contacts across broadcast, print and digital platforms
- Experience managing clients or multiple accounts
- Experience in digital communication, including a strong understanding of a range of social and digital channels
- Proven experience of managing campaign analytics and reporting campaign successes to senior stakeholders with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Understanding of strategic communications planning, measurement and evaluation
- Excellent understanding of the role of sponsorship within the integrated marketing planning process
- Team leadership
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Skills and Outlook
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent project management skills
- Someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced team environment i.e., frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.
- Able to form and maintain strong client relationships
- Results focused
- Calm and reassuring under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Growth mindset
The role will involve some remote working, as well as least two days a week at our offices in Brighton/Hove. UK travel would be a requirement of the role.
Salary: £28,500 – £35,000 depending on experience.
Apply for this role at Run by submitting your CV (two pages maximum), along with a 250–300 word pitch as to why you’re the ideal candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday 6 December at 16:00