We are seeking a creative and ambitious Communications Manager experienced in delivering high profile communications campaigns which drive action in the sport sector.
This is a hands-on role working with our senior team to deliver growth and engagement for some of UK’s premier sports brands.
At Run we work with our client partners to deliver creative and memorable communications campaigns.
We connect brands with fans, drive engagement, fill stadia, sell out events and increase participation in sport.
We work with our clients to create compelling narratives and deliver integrated communications activity that maximises impact and delivers measurable results.
Some of the brands we work with include British Athletics, Lawn Tennis Association, Swim England, British Gymnastics, Super League, Marylebone Cricket Club & Lord’s and Commonwealth Games England.
Communications Manager – The Role
The role of the Communications Manager will be to develop and implement creative communications strategies for some of our key clients, leading campaigns which drive action and deliver measurable results.
Most campaigns will be consumer focused, typically aiming to increase participation in sport, develop brand engagement and drive footfall for major sports events.
Day to day will include:
- Strategic communications account planning and delivery across key client accounts
- Working with key clients to plan measurable campaigns which exceed client KPI’s and result in action
- Working with major media brands to deliver creative PR activity for our clients
- Athlete & ambassador media activity
- Creation and delivery of ‘media events’ to generate positive client profile for broadcast, online and print media
- Delivering strong National and Regional broadcast, online & print media activity
- Working with our content managers to produce and distribute creative and original content for our clients digital and social channels
- Producing high quality written content for multiple platforms
- Leading and developing client relationships / management
- Working with directors to identify and approach potential clients, and developing and presenting new business pitches
- Supporting clients in-house marketing teams
- Management of 3rd party design, film and photography agencies
- 4 years Communications Manager experience – Sports &/or Consumer PR experience essential
- Experience of producing and distributing high impact content which drives event ticket sales and fan engagement
- Has a growing network of media contacts across broadcast, print and digital platforms
- Experience in digital communication, including a strong understanding of a range of social and digital channels
- Proven experience of managing campaign analytics and reporting campaign successes to senior stakeholders with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Excellent Project and Budget Management Skills
- Excellent understanding of the role of sponsorship within the integrated marketing planning process
- Understanding of strategic communications planning, measurement and evaluation
- Team Leadership
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Skills / Outlook:
- Strong creative approach
- Professional yet friendly and approachable
- Great with clients
- Results focused
- Calm and reassuring under pressure
The role will be based at our offices in Brighton/Hove and alongside clients in London and across the UK. UK travel would be a requirement of the role.
Salary: £27,500 – £33,500 depending on experience
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 21st February 2020