Do you have a passion for sport and communications? Are you looking for your first role in PR and media? Come talk to us to about becoming an integral part of our growing team.
Based in Brighton, we are looking for a graduate to work closely with experienced Account Managers and Executives across a variety of projects for its exciting roster of UK sporting clients.
In this Junior Account Executive job, you will find yourself quickly involved in client service, media monitoring and writing briefing papers, shortly followed with pitching stories to media contacts, managing client media channels and writing client copy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working in a team with colleagues at Run, its clients and external partners
- Undertake daily media and stakeholder monitoring
- Media and influencer relations skills via traditional, social and digital channels
- Story generation, helping to brainstorm ideas to generate coverage for clients
- Support more senior members of client account teams in the fulfilment of client delivery
- Proactively providing updates on deliverables and project status
- Prepare briefing papers for internal and client consumption
- Take minutes of client and internal meetings and draft meeting agendas
- Support or be responsible for event management preparations
- Provide necessary administrative support and execution to the team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in communications is preferred, either within a communications agency or within an in-house communications team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Someone who enjoys content creation
- A University degree
- Internship experience within PR, comms or journalism preferred
- Strong interest in sport and how it’s impacting our society
- Someone who is looking to work in a fast paced team environment i.e. frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.
- A commitment to succeed, balanced by a commitment to collaborate, as part of a closely-knit team
- Strong starting salary of £19,000 p/a with clear career progression path from joining
- Hands on experience and training from day one, quickly earned responsibility
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holidays and additional office closure over Christmas
- Award Winning Heathcare by Westfield Health
- Friday finishes at 4pm to make the most of a seaside lifestyle in good old Sussex by the sea
Run aims to recruit new graduates to its team each year and holds an annual Graduate Recruitment Day for shortlisted candidates in April. If you’re successful in this first stage of application, we’ll invite you to attend that assessment day. If required, there will then be a final interview for candidates before offers are made shortly thereafter.
We’re a small but growing agency leading the conversation on sport and physical activity. We really care about the work we do and the clients that we do it for. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity at an organisation that is doing amazing stuff in sport and communications, then we are the team for you.
If you’re a detail-oriented graduate with great written and interpersonal skills, apply for this Junior Account Executive role at Run by submitting your CV (two pages maximum) along with a 250-300 word pitch as to why you’re the ideal candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 26th March.